Yuba Sutter Legal Center for Seniors
Serving Yuba And Sutter County Senior Citizens Since 1977.
Hours: 8:30 to 4:30 Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
(530) 742-8289 - 725 D. Street, Marysville, CA 95901
AREAS OF LEGAL ASSISTANCE
• Protecting your Social Security and/or SSI over payments and terminations.
• Helping you apply for and keep Medi-Cal, advice on paying for long-term care.
• Property transfers after spouses death, Homesteads and etc.
• Housing issues, landlord/tenant matters, including evictions and repairs and maintaining utility service.
• Preparing powers of attorney and Advance Health Care Directives.
• Elder abuse (physical, emotional, and financial) and neglect, including obtaining restraining orders when necessary.
• Debtor-creditor advice and assistance.
• Alternatives to institutionalization.
• Consumer and home repair fraud.
** Because of restrictions placed on the Legal Center by law, our funding sources, and small staff, we cannot assist in the following areas: criminal law, personal injury (accident), probate, family law, workers' compensation, traffic matters, wills, real estate, bankruptcy, tax, and business law.